30.4.15

Sudden Tract Hike

We met up with some new friends at the Sudden Tract Trails.  It was a beautiful day - perfect for walking and playing.  The older kids enjoyed climbing up the "mountains" (fairly steep hills) and pretending to ambush us slower ones with littler kids on the trail below.  They also had a great time pretending to be lost.

Snakes seemed to be the attraction of the day.  We saw two - a garter snake and a brown snake (maybe! - I'm not really sure).  The older kids also saw a few more glimpses of snakes but scared them away before I could see them.
There was a lot of Skunk Cabbage and Hepatica.
The children chased at least two Red Squirrels.  I've seen more of these little guys this year than any other year.  I'm somewhat fond of them.  They are skittish.  Small.  Saucy.


Two paths.  

Quiet stream.


Benji took off this rotted piece of bark and discovered a world of
bugs and mushrooms.

Hepatica


A fun shelter the kids found.
They are pretending to start a fire.

Finally fell asleep a few minutes before we reached the van.









No comments:

Post a Comment