Our weekly Shades Mills outing almost didn't happen after another rough school morning. The full moon this month is wearing us out with bad attitudes and crankiness and poor sleep.
Once there, we almost left early due to lingering attitudes and a dumped water bottle on Zoe! But we sat in separate spaces, gathered our thoughts and kindness back, ate an early supper and continued on. Happily the second half of the day was much better than the first.
I am rarely disappointed with time spent in nature. It may take some time (in this case a few hours!), but we always leave in a better mood.
![]() |
| Attempting to build a tee-pee. It was a short lived endeavour. |
![]() |
| Blue damselfly (I think). |
![]() |
| Getting ready to race down the hill. |
![]() |
| Dragonflies mating? or fighting? |
![]() |
| We watched them for a few moments and then realized that the dragonfly on top had taken the head off the other dragonfly!! It was pretty gross. |
![]() |
| Decapitated dragonfly. Adrianna "explored" it further. I didn't. |
![]() |
| Dragonfly wing. Cool details. |
![]() |
| "Threenager" Sums him up entirely. Good gravy he has been a LOT of work lately. Not even nature can take the 3yr old out of the boy. |
![]() |
| Furiously (and I do mean furiously) trying to crawl. |
![]() |
| Collecting Goose feathers. She wants me to buy an ink pot so she can try dipping them in ink and using them as a quill pen. |
![]() |
| Adrianna caught this baby fish. The girl can catch pretty much anything. |











I have ink. Bring the feathers
ReplyDelete